The Health Centre is located in Student Services 3A
Emma Sentch, and Nerissa Wium are our school’s nurses. They are Registered Nurses who work in accordance with the New Zealand Nursing Council Code of Conduct to offer a youth-friendly confidential service.
The student health centre is open from 8:45am – 3:15pm Monday to Friday during term time. We provide Drop-In services and encourage students to visit during morning tea and lunch breaks. If a medical issue is not ugent Andrea will refer you to a specific nurse appointment time.
We welcome contact from parents and caregivers if they have concerns regarding their child, such as:
- Long term health or medical needs
- Referrals from outside agencies for dressings
- Support with healthy dietary habits and exercise choices
- Puberty/sexual health
- Vision or hearing concerns
If students have any long term medical needs or condition, we would appreciate receiving relevant information that you may have from the doctor, hospital or clinic that he or she attends so that so that we may assist in supporting him or her during their years at ASHS.
To assist with the administration of medication if necessary while at school, we require parents or caregivers to give written permission, any relevant doctor’s letters and the correctly labelled and prescribed medication. This will be kept in a locked cupboard.
Before medication can be stored onsite whānau need to complete and return this form.
Medicine Authority Form
- First aid for injuries – abrasions, lacerations, burns, concussion, limb injuries
- Management and education of menstruation concerns
- Health promotion
- Health assessments
- Referral to ACC
At some stage your child may have a HEDSASS (holistic) assessment with the Nurse.
- In the case of an emergency and/or when deemed necessary after assessment by a registered nurse, an ambulance will be called to aid in the medical support of your child. Caregivers will be contacted by a representative of the school to inform that an ambulance has been called to assist based on the professional opinion of the Nurse. Any cost for an ambulance is not covered by the school; this will be at the parents’ expense.