Education transforms lives
The Role and Responsibilities of the Board
The Board is the governing body of our school. This means that the Board is responsible for the governance of the school, including setting the policies by which the school is to be controlled and managed.
The Board’s primary objective is to ensure that every student at our school is able to attain his or her highest possible standard in educational achievement.
In doing so, the Board:
- Sets the future direction for our school, including goals and targets for student achievement.
- Provides a school environment where students are safe, cared for, encouraged to do their best, and supported to flourish.
- Ensures our school’s overriding focus is on improving student progress and achievement.
- Is accountable to the school’s stakeholders for educational and general school performance. Our key stakeholders are our school community (current students, their families and whanau, school staff, etc.), the Crown, and the Ministry of Education.
- Is the legal employer of all school staff
The Composition of the Board
Our Board comprises 5 parent-elected representatives, the Principal, 1 student-elected trustee, and 1 staff-elected trustee. Parent and staff trustees serve 3-year terms, while the student trustee serves a 1-year term.
The current Board members are: