Enrolment processes for Albany Senior High School are all online.
2022 IN ZONE Enrolments – complete all steps.
1. Read all instructions carefully. Some agreements that you will ‘sign’ electronically can be viewed before completing the enrolment form.
- EOTC (Available for you to review, it will be agreed to below)
- ASHS Responsible Use agreement – Digital device use related to ASHS systems and hardware (Available for you to review, it will be agreed to below)
2. Prepare all the required documentation to support your application.
3. Click on the link at the bottom of this page to complete the Online Enrolment Form
4. Attach required documentation (maximum file size is 8MB) to your online application and push submit.
NB – Out of Zone enrolments for 2021 have now closed.
2022 OUT OF ZONE Enrolments are now open – follow the IN ZONE process above
Out of Zone Enrolments for 2022 – First / Second Ballot
The Board of Albany Senior High School wishes to invite you to apply for a place in our 2022 intake for Year 11, 12 and 13. To apply please follow the same process, as above, for In Zone online enrolments (There is an opportunity on the form to mention that you are applying out of zone). Once you have successfully completed an online enrolment form, enrolment interview information will be emailed out at the start of term three. Enrolment at the school is governed by an enrolment scheme, details of which are also available on the Home Zone Map below. The Board has determined that it is likely that there will be places available for out of zone students in 2022. However, the number of places will depend on the number of applications received from students who live within the school’s home zone. Online applications from out of zone students will be processed in the following order of priority:
- First Priority will be given to students who have been accepted for enrolment in an approved special programme. This priority category is not applicable at ASHS.
- Second Priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of current students.
- Third Priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of former students.
- Fourth Priority will be given to an applicant who is a child of a former student of the school
- Fifth Priority will be given to any applicant who is either a child of an employee of the board of the school or a child of a member of the board of the school.
- Sixth Priority will be given to all other applicants.
For our second ballot, we will continue to accept out of zone enrolments until Monday 6 December 2021. If the number of out of zone applications exceeds the number of places available, students will be selected by ballot. If a ballot is required it will be held on Monday 13 December 2021 Parents will be informed by email of the outcome of the ballot within three school days of the ballot being held.
Documentation required for enrolment.
Prior to completing the online form please ensure you have the additional required documentation on hand to submit as an attachment.
The documents required are:
- NZ Birth Certificate or NZ Passport
Other international passport plus current visa details (these will need to be sighted at the time of interview)
- Proof of Immunisation – (Vaccination page of the Well Child (Plunket) book, or a letter from your GP.)
- 2 forms of proof of address
a. Own your home: two recent utility bills (power, contents insurance, landline/broadband) (Please note rates/water not accepted)
b. Rent your home: a tenancy agreement of at least 12 months duration PLUS one recent utility bill as above.
All documents must be uploaded using the attachments option within the online enrolment form. The application will NOT process unless the attachments are included.
The key ASHS specific document also required to be completed and uploaded during the application process is:
NOTE: Only images, PDF’s or Word documents will be accepted – Maximum file size is 8MB
Enrolment Interviews for 2022
We know that for some of our new young people, we were lucky enough to meet you in person last term before the lockdown. This year, because of the COVID restrictions, we have decided to make enrolment interviews OPTIONAL. We know that some of you will still be keen to attend an interview so we are offering online enrolment interviews. These enrolment interviews will be held with our Senior Leadership Team.
These interviews ARE NOT COMPULSORY and have no impact on your acceptance to ASHS. However, we do recommend an interview for all students who are enrolling from schools OTHER than Albany Junior High School.
Should your whānau wish to book an interview they are available online from 9:30 am to 2:30 pm on:
- Monday 8 November 2021
- Wednesday 10 November 2021
- Tuesday 30 November 2021
- Tuesday 7 December 2021
Please click here to book a suitable time if you would like an interview:
OR you can go to https://www.schoolinterviews.co.nz/ and enter the code: ngheb
Students with learning support needs AND/OR additional pastoral care requirements – Please contact reception on (09)451.9065 to book an interview with either our SENCO or our Counsellor.
This information is NOT for INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS please email email@example.com for information on enrolling.
All new students joining the ASHS community will make their subject selections after their enrolment interview.
2022 subject selection will be complete electronically during Term four before 12 November. An email will be sent to whānau with login details for the enrolled young person.
To familiarise yourself with the courses we have offered this year peruse our 2022 Course Handbook here.
FAQ: If I am attending Albany Junior High School do I automatically have a right of entry to Albany Senior High School?
If you live in our home zone yes you do have a right of entry but you do still have to enrol. The link for the enrolment form is below. If you do not live in our home zone you do not have an automatic right of entry and will need to apply as an out of zone enrolment.