For 2022, Albany Senior High School is accepting In Zone applications only. Please complete the online enrolment process first and reception will contact you with the next steps.
In-Zone and Out of Zone enrolments for 2023 are open.
NOTE: You DO NOT need to sign-in to our system to complete an enrolment application.
Enrolment processes for Albany Senior High School are all online.
2023 IN ZONE Enrolments – complete all steps.
1. Read all instructions carefully. Some agreements that you will ‘sign’ electronically can be viewed before completing the enrolment form.
- EOTC (Available for you to review, it will be agreed to below)
- ASHS Responsible Use agreement – Digital device use related to ASHS systems and hardware (Available for you to review, it will be agreed to below)
2. Prepare all the required documentation to support your application.
3. Click on the link at the bottom of this page to complete the Online Enrolment Form
4. Attach required documentation (maximum file size is 8MB) to your online application and push submit.
5. One you have submitted your application click on the link to book an enrolment interview
NB – Out of Zone enrolments for 2022 have now closed.
Documentation required for enrolment.
Prior to completing the online form please ensure you have the additional required documentation on hand to submit as an attachment.
The documents required are:
- NZ Birth Certificate or NZ Passport
Other international passport plus current visa details (these will need to be sighted at the time of interview)
- Proof of Immunisation – (Vaccination page of the Well Child (Plunket) book, or a letter from your GP.)
- 2 forms of proof of address
a. Own your home: two recent utility bills (power, contents insurance, landline/broadband) (Please note rates/water not accepted)
b. Rent your home: a tenancy agreement of at least 12 months duration PLUS one recent utility bill as above.
All documents must be uploaded using the attachments option within the online enrolment form. The application will NOT process unless the attachments are included.
The key ASHS specific document also required to be completed and uploaded during the application process is:
NOTE: Only images, PDF’s or Word documents will be accepted – Maximum file size is 8MB
This information is NOT for INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on enrolling.
2023 OUT OF ZONE Enrolments will open on Monday 27 June 2022 – follow the IN ZONE process above.
Out of Zone Enrolments for 2023 – First / Second Ballot
The Board of Albany Senior High School wishes to invite you to apply for a place in our 2023 intake for Year 11, 12 and 13. To apply please follow the same process, as above, for In Zone online enrolments (There is an opportunity on the form to mention that you are applying out of zone). Once you have successfully completed an online enrolment form, enrolment interview information will be emailed out at the start of term three. Enrolment at the school is governed by an enrolment scheme, details of which are also available on the Home Zone Map below. The Board has determined that it is likely that there will be places available for out of zone students in 2023. However, the number of places will depend on the number of applications received from students who live within the school’s home zone. Online applications from out of zone students will be processed in the following order of priority:
- First Priority will be given to students who have been accepted for enrolment in an approved special programme. This priority category is not applicable at ASHS.
- Second Priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of current students.
- Third Priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of former students.
- Fourth Priority will be given to an applicant who is a child of a former student of the school
- Fifth Priority will be given to any applicant who is either a child of an employee of the board of the school or a child of a member of the board of the school.
- Sixth Priority will be given to all other applicants.
We will continue to accept out of zone enrolments until Wednesday 7 September 2022. If the number of out of zone applications exceeds the number of places available, students will be selected by ballot. If a ballot is required it will be held on Wednesday 15 September 2022. Parents will be informed by email of the outcome of the ballot within three school days of the ballot being held.
For our second ballot, we will continue to accept out of zone enrolments until Monday 5 December 2022. If the number of out of zone applications exceeds the number of places available, students will be selected by ballot. If a ballot is required it will be held on Monday 12 December 2022 Parents will be informed by email of the outcome of the ballot within three school days of the ballot being held.
Enrolment Interviews for 2023
EVERY student who completes an online enrolment form MUST book an interview to complete the application process. In zone and out of zone enrolments are required to book an enrolment interview. Interview bookings are now open. These interviews will take place from 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm on:
- Wednesday 7 September 2022
- Thursday 8 September 2022
- Monday 12 September 2022
- Tuesday 13 September 2022
- Wednesday 21 September 2022
- Thursday 22 September 2022
- Tuesday 27 September 2022
- Thursday 29 September 2022
Please click here and follow the instructions to book your interview.
Or go to https://www.schoolinterviews.co.nz – Go to “Make a Booking” using the code: 93f6n
The interviews are conducted by a member of the senior leadership team so book with either of the two interviewers
- Students with learning support needs please phone the school office on (09)451.9065 to book with the SENCO
- Students with additional pastoral care requirements please phone the school office on (09)4514.9065 to book with the Counsellor
You will be asked to re-book if we have not received your online enrolment so please ensure you have completed that before you book an enrolment interview.
These interview times are NOT for INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS please email email@example.com for an appointment
Course Selection for 2022
All new students joining the ASHS community can make their subject selections by downloading and completing the 2022 ASHS – Course List and emailing it to Klaris Philipson at firstname.lastname@example.org
To familiarise yourself with the courses we have offered this year peruse our 2022 Course Handbook here.
Course Selection for 2023
Near the end of term three all students enrolled for 2023 will recieve an email inviting them to select their courses for 2023. The email will contain a link to the 2023 Course Handbook. Please click on the 2022 Course Handbook above to see the selection of courses currently available.
FAQ: If I am attending Albany Junior High School do I automatically have a right of entry to Albany Senior High School?
If you live in our home zone yes you do have a right of entry but you do still have to enrol. The link for the enrolment form is below. If you do not live in our home zone you do not have an automatic right of entry and will need to apply as an out of zone enrolment.